BrownConnect enables undergraduates to follow their own paths beyond the classroom.
President Paxson's Building on Distinction: A New Plan for Brown calls for increased opportunities for students to bridge theory and practice during their time at Brown. By expanding access to internships, research opportunities, and the worldwide Brown alumni community, BrownConnect helps students enhance their on-campus learning and enables them to make better, more informed career choices after graduation.
BrownConnect will increase the number of high-quality summer internships and research opportunities available to Brown first years, sophomores, and juniors; ensure that these opportunities are accessible regardless of financial circumstances; and partner with CareerLAB to increase opportunities for these students to access the global network of alumni, parents, and friends and strengthen Brown students' preparation for these opportunities.
An initiative of President Paxson, BrownConnect is sponsored by the Dean of the College, Maud Mandel, and Senior Vice President of Advancement, Patricia Watson.
What is BrownConnect?
BrownConnect is the newest addition to CareerLAB’s suite of services. BrownConnect serves first years, sophomores and juniors who are seeking high-quality internships and research opportunities. BrownConnect provides “one stop shopping” for internship and research opportunities in a wide range of fields and geographical locations, as well as financial support to students in low-paid or unpaid internships. Students are able to search BrownConnect for internships, research opportunities, funding offered through and for the Brown community, and valuable alumni connections.
How to Get Involved
Students: start searching for internships, funding, and connections in the Brown community.
Alumni: Be a career resource! Log into your Brown profile to make sure your work info is up to date. Your professional profile will be searchable by students through this site.
Overseeing the Initiative
President's Advisory Council on Internships
- Andrea Terzi Baum '83, P'15, P'18 (co-chair)
- Genine M. Fidler '77, P'04, P'12 (co-chair)
- Brickson E. Diamond '93, Chief Operating Officer, The Executive Leadership Council
- Marcia J. Dunn M.D. '82, Ophthalmologist
- Elizabeth Cogan Fascitelli P'16, Partner, Goldman, Sachs & Co
- Sam Hodges '04, Co-founder & U.S. Managing Director, Funding Circle
- Nancy Josephson '79, P'16, Partner, WME Entertainment
- Richard D. Katzman '78, P'14, Executive Director, Learning Content, Noodle Education
- E. Robert Lupone '81, EVP and General Counsel, Textron
- Matthew N. Papakipos '93, P'18, Founder, Pied Piper Robotics
- Robert D. Petty '83, P'16, Managing Partner, Clearwater Capital Partners
- Erik Brooks '89, Managing Partner, ABRY Partners, LLC
- Lisa Gelobter '11, Interim Head of Digital, BET Networks
- Robert Greenglass '07, Managing Director, Waterline Ventures
- Ajay Nagpal '90, COO, Millennium Management, LLC
- Eve Yohalem '89, Author
- Deepti Mittal P'18, Chair, Dalton School Internship Program
University Steering Committee
- Maud Mandel, Dean of the College
- Patricia Watson, Senior Vice President for University Advancement
- Ravi Pendse, Vice President for Computing and Information Services/CIO
- Aixa Kidd, Director of BrownConnect
- Christopher Keith, Associate Director, Integration and Identity Services, Computing and Information Services